For its centennial celebration, The American Legion returns to the city that hosted its first National Convention – Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The 100th National Convention takes place August 24 – 30, 2018, at the Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 2nd Ave S., Minneapolis, MN 55403.
The American Legion’s largest annual meeting brings together all of its 55 departments – the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, France, Mexico and Philippines.
“Situated along the tree-lined streets of Nicollet Mall, Millennium Minneapolis is the closest full-service hotel to the Minneapolis Convention Center and is also moments away from the city’s cultural districts. Our 321 guest rooms and suites combine contemporary elegance with a residential feel and feature stunning views.”
Update: Time for Minneapolis Tips! (7.13.18)
2018 Dept Delegates List for National Conv by District (fillable PDF)
- 2018 National Housing & Registration Form (fillable)
- 2018 Hotel Listing by Department
- Alternative Parking Options in Minneapolis
- Band Contest Application
- Color Guard and Concert Band Rules
- Color Guard Application – Advancing & Retiring
- Color Guard Application – Military Class
- Color Guard Application – Military Class, Open Eligibility
- Color Guard Application – Open Class
- High School Band Parade Entry Form
Please check the national website often for updated information at www.legion.org/convention.